What is HEN?
HEN helps people who are both:
- Homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless, AND
- Have a disability.
People are referred to the HEN program through DSHS. DSHS looks at their housing needs and situation. There is a wait list for help. People who are the most vulnerable must be helped first.
HEN can help people with:
- Case management
- Limited rental aid
- Housing deposits
- Application fees, and
- Utility payments.
Eligible individuals may also receive essential household needs such as:
- Cleaning supplies
- Hygiene products
- Other household items
- Help with transportation in the form of bus passes or gasoline vouchers
Where is this available?
- Spokane County
Who can get this help?
- People who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless and have a disability. A DSHS referral is required.
How do I get this help?
Contact DSHS at 1-877-501-2233 to find out if you are eligible.
If you are already receiving SSI or SSDI or TANF, you will not qualify.
- If eligible, call 1-509-462-0518 OR
- Use our walk-in hours:
Goodwill 130 E. 3rd Avenue Spokane, WA
- Monday 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday 1:30 p.m. too 4:30 p.m.