Housing and Essential Needs

Housing and Essential Needs (HEN) can help people in Spokane County with:

  • Case management
  • Limited rental aid
  • Housing deposits
  • Application fees
  • Utility payments

Who can get this help?

  • To qualify for HEN, you must both:
    1. Be homeless, or about to become homeless AND
    2. Have a HEN referral from DSHS.
  • Goodwill’s HEN program only serves Spokane County

How do I get this help?

  1. Contact DSHS at 1-877-501-2233 to find out if you are eligible. If you are already receiving SSI or SSDI or TANF, you will not qualify.
  2. If you are eligible through DSHS, call 1-509-462-0518 OR visit our Goodwill office during walk-in hours below:
    • Monday through Friday: 8 to 11:30 AM 

Eligible individuals may also receive essential household needs such as:

  • Cleaning supplies
  • Hygiene products
  • Other household items
  • Help with transportation in the form of bus passes or gasoline vouchers
How do I get these essential household needs?

Essential needs are given out at our office (130 E. Third Avenue) on the following days and times:

  • Tuesday: 1-4 PM 
  • Wednesday: 1-4 PM
  • Friday: 8:30-11:30 AM 

Housing and Essential Needs address:

Housing and Essential Needs program assessments are available for walk-in appointments through our Workforce and Family Services (WFS) eligibility specialists. 

Walk-in hours: Monday-Friday 8 to 11:30 AM 

Address: 130 E. Third Ave. Spokane, WA. 99202

Scroll to Top
Skip to content