Housing and Essential Needs (HEN) can help people in Spokane County with:
- Case management
- Limited rental aid
- Housing deposits
- Application fees
- Utility payments
Who can get this help?
- To qualify for HEN, you must both:
- Be homeless, or about to become homeless AND
- Have a HEN referral from DSHS.
- Goodwill’s HEN program only serves Spokane County
How do I get this help?
- Contact DSHS at 1-877-501-2233 to find out if you are eligible. If you are already receiving SSI or SSDI or TANF, you will not qualify.
- If you are eligible through DSHS, call 1-509-462-0518 OR visit our Goodwill office during walk-in hours below:
- Goodwill 130 E. Third Avenue Spokane, WA
- Monday 8:30-12 & 1:30-4:30
- Wednesday 8:30-12 & 1:30-4:30
- Thursday 8:30-12 & 1:30-4:30
Eligible individuals may also receive essential household needs such as:
- Cleaning supplies
- Hygiene products
- Other household items
- Help with transportation in the form of bus passes or gasoline vouchers
How do I get this essential household needs?
Essential needs are given out at our office (130 E. Third Avenue) on the following days and times:
- Monday: 8:30-12 & 1:30-4:30
- Wednesday: 8:30-12 & 1:30-4:30
- Thursday: 8:30-12 & 1:30-4:30